MDSC wishes to give our members the opportunity to receive support that they may need at their home. This is a general guidance for the MDSC members and the volunteers to follow. It is important that the MDSC member understands that the volunteer must be comfortable with the specific request before they agree to the tasks. This is open to interested MDSC members ONLY. MDSC Volunteer Chair Bev Boateng will act as the initial Point of Contact between the MDSC member and the volunteer. After Bev connects the member and the volunteer with the exchange of contact information, it is their responsibility to keep one another posted when changes are needed.
Any questions, email Bev at email@example.com.
- Wearing a mask is optional.
- Keeping at a safe distance – at least 6 feet apart.
- Strongly recommended that both parties are fully vaccinated.
- Giving the volunteer tips is recommended.
BOTH PARTIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Agreeing on the frequency and length of the services.
- Agreeing on basic in house and outside tasks:
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, washing
- Doing yard work: raking, sweeping, weeding, trimming, planting, watering
- Washing, cleaning, and vacuuming car on the MDSC member’s driveway
- Downsizing home
- Agreeing on how goods are paid (i.e., cash or cash app before or after the purchase)
- Scheduling a virtual chat via videophone, facetime, or zoom for around 30 minutes.
- Scheduling an in-person chat for around 30 minutes.
MDSC MEMBER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Paying for the goods.
- Providing materials and supplies (i.e., brushes, brooms, cloths/rags, cleaning solutions, duster, vacuum)
THE VOLUNTEER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Using their own transportation when they go on a visit or go grocery shopping and deliver the goods.