The Maryland State Department of Aging has offered a telephone-check-in for seniors, especially those in frail health, subject to falling, and live alone. The service makes an automated call once a day, and if it is not answered by a third attempt, it initiates a check-in.
There are 2 ways to register for this service:
- Website: https://aging.maryland.gov/Pages/senior-call-check.aspx
- Phone: 866-502-0560
As soon as you sign up, they will call you through the relay to verify your registration. They will ask you a few questions:
- When is the best time to call you?
- Who has a key to your home?
Any questions, feel free to contact our MDSC Liaison Mary Lynn Lally, our MDSC Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know of any Deaf Seniors living in Maryland who could benefit from this call check service, please let us know at email@example.com.
March events have been cancelled due to Coronavirus-19
- Thursday, May 21, 2020 (tentative: BYOL or catered lunch)
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020 (Day Trip to Longwood Gardens in PA)
- Thursday, June 18, 2020 (Catered BBQ/Business Meeting/Election)
- Saturday, September 26, 2020 (MDSC DINGO FUNDRAISING EVENT)
Volunteers Needed: Available every 3rd Thursday each month between 10 am and 3 pm? The Maryland Deaf Senior Citizens, Inc. (MDSC) events attract 100+ Deaf Seniors of Maryland. The events are held at the Margaret Schweinhaut Center. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.